A Straightforward Analysis Of Smart Japan Travel Products


Questions To Consider About Identifying Vital Aspects In

South Korea's Chinese tourist slump endures despite pledges

Chinese tourists ask a sales assistant for directions at a Lotte department store in Seoul on Feb 2, 2016. South Korea’s Chinese tourist slump endures despite pledges Chinese tourists ask a sales assistant for directions at a Lotte department store in Seoul on Feb 2, 2016.PHOTO: REUTERS SEOUL (AFP) – Chinese tourist numbers to South Korea continued to decline in December, figures showed Monday (Jan 22), even though Beijing and Seoul pledged to improve relations strained by a US missile defence system. Seoul and Washington installed the powerful Terminal High Altitude Area Defence (Thaad) system in the South last year to guard against threats from nuclear-armed North Korea. Beijing saw it as a threat to its own security and reacted furiously, imposing a string of measures on South Korean businesses and banning group tours to the South, in moves seen as economic retaliation. The ban on tour groups hit the South Korean travel and retail industries hard, with Chinese visitors renowned for shopping trips to their neighbour. Some of Beijing’s restrictions on tours appeared to have been lifted after the two countries issued identically-worded statements in October on their mutual desire to improve relations. But the number of Chinese visitors to the South continued to tumble in December, Korea Tourism Organisation statistics showed Monday. A total of 332,474 Chinese travellers came to South Korea last month, down 37.9 per cent from the previous year, it said. It was only a marginal improvement on the 42.1 per cent fall seen in November and 49.3 per cent in October.

For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/south-koreas-chinese-tourist-slump-endures-despite-pledges

[]

The Options For Easy Tactics In

Tale of North Korean Waitresses Who Fled to South Takes Dark Turn

Heo said of his contact at the intelligence agency. He threatened that if I did not bring the women with me, he would report me to the North Korean Embassy. The three women interviewed by JTBC said they never imagined they were being taken to South Korea. Only when they landed in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and Mr. Heo took them to the South Korean embassy by taxi did they realize that something had gone wrong, they said. When they balked at entering, they said Mr. Heo threatened to tell the North Korean authorities that they often watched South Korean movies in China, a serious crime for North Korean workers abroad. I blackmailed them and told them to make a choice: If you return home, you die, and if you follow me, you live, Mr. Heo said. I am now remorseful for what I did. Inside the embassy, the women signed statements that they were defecting of their own free will. They said working in China had been their dream because they could earn in a month what they made in a year in North Korea.

For ไป ทัวร์ ญี่ปุ่น the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/11/world/asia/north-korea-waitresses-defections.html

ทัวร์ เกาหลี ปี 2559

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s